Pages

Welcome

I hope you enjoy reading my dreams as much as I have in dreaming them. G. R. Holton

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Years Goals (No it's NOT a resolution!!!)

I am sitting here reflecting on the past year and also thinking about plans for the year to come. In 2011, I had three books go to publishing. They were “SQUAZLES!”, “Deep Screams”, and “Soleri -  Second Edition”. I also did the book design for an amazing young man named Cameron Titus for his “Cameron’s A to Z: A Habitat for Humanity Project”. This was all done through my wonderful publisher,  World Castle Publishing, for who I am so thankful. I have received two awards for my writing; The Author’s Show’s “50 Great Writers You Should be Reading for 2011” and BooksandAuthors.net’s “Best Science Fiction for Deep Screams”.
I have been in three plays; “12 Angry  Men”, “Murders on Main Street”, and “It’s a Wonderful Life” with the Gem Players which is our local theater group. I was the Vice-President for the Etowah Merchants and Friends Association, on the Board for the Etowah Arts Commission, and worked with the Etowah Fourth of July Committee.
                I became a grandfather for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time to three beautiful granddaughters; Avarie, Sydney, and Kinsleigh. I have gone from weighing a whopping 293 pounds down to 230 pounds and still dropping.
                Now on to the coming year. My first goal (I refuse to call them resolutions) is to help my wife out more around the house (I know all the women are clapping). Second is to keep in better contact with the kids (I definitely don’t call enough). Third is that I will drop 30 more pounds by the end of May, which is when I will turn 50. Fourth is to rerelease “Guardian’s Alliance”. Fifth is to finish writing my latest novel “Dragon’s Bow”. Sixth is that I will be sending out my polished screenplay “Teleported” based on my novella, “Soleri”.
                In closing, I just want to wish all my friends and family the most happiest and prosperous of New Years. Peace and love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment